What are our products free from, and just how ‘free from’ are they?
For us, what we leave out of our products is just as important as what we put in. When we say a product is ‘free from’ something, we make sure it really is.
- If our box states the product is nut free, that means that we test at the factory for the presence of Peanuts, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Walnuts, Brazil Nuts, Cashew, Macadamia, Pecans or Pistachios, and we don’t find them.Not all of our cereals and snack bars are manufactured here so please check the labels.
- We also work with our raw material suppliers to ensure anything we bring into our factory hasn’t been exposed to nuts.
- If our box states the product is nut free, that means no peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts or walnuts can be detected. (While we’d love to test for every single type of tree nut, there’s just not an approved test available just yet. We’ll get there.)
- Please note: A few of our products are made in other factories that may have nuts, so always check the packaging before you buy or give us a call.
- Freedom Foods are passionate about ensuring our products are gluten free. Our rigorous process includes testing of raw materials, throughout the product process, and testing every batch of finished product using internationally validated methods (to AOAC standards).
Artificial Colours & Flavours
- While other leading snack brands may add artificial colours and flavours into their foods, we don’t. You won’t find a single artificial colour or flavour in any of our products. And trust us, you won’t miss them.
Genetically Modified Ingredients
- We’re proud to say that all Freedom Foods products produced in Australia are free of genetically modified ingredients. We adhere to the Food Standards Code of Australia and New Zealand, if you’d like to learn more about our standards. How can we guarantee our foods are free from all of the above? Check out How We Do It.